Visit North Yorkshire
The new destination marketing and management service from North Yorkshire Council.
Visit North Yorkshire will grow North Yorkshire’s visitor economy, attracting visitors across the whole of the year who stay longer and experience more of our amazing county.
From Richmond to Selby, Settle to Whitby, Hawes to Malton this is a county of distinctive and characterful locations that have won the hearts of visitors for centuries.
By working together with one voice, North Yorkshire can more effectively reach new visitors, inspire return trips and put God’s Own Country on the national and international travel map.
Working together as North Yorkshire
In 2024 the existing tourism brands across the county will come together as one North Yorkshire brand, representing the entire county.
Over the past few months, we have been writing our 10 year Destination Management Plan, working with Visit Britain, partner agencies and dozens of representatives from across North Yorkshire’s tourism sector.
We would like to thank everyone who has given their time during this process, attending discussions and workshops, sharing their feedback and their aspirations for North Yorkshire.
Working with a specialist research agency, Emotional Logic, some initial online survey-based visitor research was undertaken to start to better understand the visitor and non-visitor profiles for North Yorkshire.
The research examined:
- Visitor profile
- Visitor behaviours
- Visitor satisfaction
- Destination analysis
- Awareness levels
- Brand values and perceptions
- Motivations to visit
- 69% of current visitors come from within the 2-hour drivetime
- 33% only realised they had visited North Yorkshire when shown a map
- Current visitors are satisfied and likely to return (89% rate their visit good/very good and over 95% want to return)
- Only 3% of non-visitors have never heard of North Yorkshire
- More than 60% Are open to visiting in the future